On 11.08.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP Data Hub.
SAP Note 2940823 addresses "[CVE-2020-6297] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Intelligence" to prevent information disclosure with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationDuring upgrade or installation, SAP Data Intelligence allows an authenticated attacker who has access to a specific Kubernetes cluster to read highly sensitive data such as system password.
SAP Data intelligence no longer allows access to this sensitive configuration data.
The advisory is valid for
- DH_FOUNDATION 3
- 9.9 [CVE-2023-40622] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Promotion Management)
- 7.5 [CVE-2020-26809] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce Cloud
- 7.0 [CVE-2020-6295] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- 6.5 Information Disclosure in Supplier Relationship Management
- 5.0 Potential information disclosure in Lumira Designer