A note with CVSS 7.5 for component CEC-COM-CPS was released by SAP on 10.11.2020. The correction/advisory 2975189 was described with "[CVE-2020-26809] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce Cloud" and affects the system type SAP Commerce Cloud.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Commerce Cloud.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationAn unauthenticated attacker can bypass existing authentication and permission checks via the "/medias" endpoint in SAP Commerce, hence gaining access to Secure Media folders that could contain sensitive information.
The Application now properly checks for users authentication when accessing the /media folder.
- 7.0 [CVE-2020-6295] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- 6.5 Information Disclosure in Supplier Relationship Management
- 6.3 [CVE-2020-6297] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Intelligence
- 5.0 Potential information disclosure in Lumira Designer
- 5.0 [CVE-2019-0390] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Hub