On 11.08.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) .
SAP Note 2941332 addresses "[CVE-2020-6295] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise" to prevent information disclosure with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationUnder certain conditions the SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Cockpit installer writes encrypted sensitive information into a log file, resulting in an information disclosure.
This issue is fixed in the SAP ASE installer by removing the encrypted information from the installation log file.
The advisory is valid for
- 7.5 [CVE-2020-26809] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce Cloud
- 6.5 Information Disclosure in Supplier Relationship Management
- 6.3 [CVE-2020-6297] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Intelligence
- 5.0 Potential information disclosure in Lumira Designer
- 5.0 [CVE-2019-0390] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Hub