SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2754546
was released on
11.08.2020 and deals with
"Potential information disclosure in Lumira Designer" within Lumira Designer.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
medium potential for exploitation
in component BI-LUM-COR.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationLumira Designer does not sufficiently protect security relevant Java VM parameters, resulting in an Information Disclosure.
A new registry entry was introduced to disallow the use of insecure VM parameters.
The advisory is valid for
- SBOP_LUMIRA_DESIGNER 2.0
- SBOP_LUMIRA_DESIGNER 2.1
- SBOP_LUMIRA_DESIGNER 2.2
- SBOP_LUMIRA_DESIGNER 2.3
- 7.5 [CVE-2020-26809] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce Cloud
- 7.0 [CVE-2020-6295] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- 6.5 Information Disclosure in Supplier Relationship Management
- 6.3 [CVE-2020-6297] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Intelligence
- 5.0 [CVE-2019-0390] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Hub