SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2906994
was released on
14.04.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6235] Missing authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent )" within SAP Solution Manager.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authentication check
high potential for exploitation
in component SV-SMG-ADM-CNT.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationThe Diagnostics Agent does not perform the authentication check for the functionalities of the Collector Simulator.
The fix enables user authentication in the Collector Simulator Servlet.
SAP Solution Manager was introduced by SAP to cover the complete application lifecycle of the IT solutions running on premise, hybrid or in the cloud. SolMan requires an RFC connection to all managed systems in a landscape to fulfill its tasks. Cyber attackers may target the Solution Manager system as lateral movements can be achieved.
SAP Solution Manager is a must-have for SAP customers. It addresses a set of important aspects of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for SAP. Examples:
- IT Service Management
- Data Volumn Management
- Test Suite
- Process Management
- Product Availability Matrix - SolMan 7.2 (Login required)
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 9.8 [CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)
- 9.0 [CVE-2021-27610] Improper Authentication in SAP NetWeaver ABAP Server and ABAP Platform
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-6294] Missing Authentication check in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform