SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2845377
was released on
10.03.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authentication check
hot news potential for exploitation
in component SV-SMG-DIA-SRV-AGT.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationSAP Diagnostics Agent allows unencrypted connections from unauthenticated sources. This allows an attacker to control all remote functions on the Agent.
Update to the latest LM-Service version. The insecure server port will be closed removing the ability to establish a connection.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 9.0 [CVE-2021-27610] Improper Authentication in SAP NetWeaver ABAP Server and ABAP Platform
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6235] Missing authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent )
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-6294] Missing Authentication check in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform