SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3075546
was released on
14.09.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-37532] Directory Listing Enabled in SAP Business One" within SAP Business One.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authorization check
medium potential for exploitation
in component SBO-CRO-SEC.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationSAP Business One does not validate input properly allowing the authenticated user to gain access and view content of the index directory resulting in an escalation of privileges.
The directory list function is disabled. Customers need to implement or upgrade to SAP Business One 10.0 PL2108.
- 10.0 [CVE-2021-37535] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java (JMS Connector Service)
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-21481] Missing Authorization Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (MigrationService)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-26837] Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring)