SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2985866
was released on
10.11.2020 and deals with
"[Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authorization check
hot news potential for exploitation
in component SV-SMG-MON-EEM.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationSome Authentication checks are missing in SAP Solution Manager (software component LM-SERVICE). An unauthenticated attacker is able to compromise the system.
SAP Solution Manager (software component LM-SERVICE) now properly checks the authentication.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [CVE-2021-37535] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java (JMS Connector Service)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-40501] Missing Authorization check in ABAP Platform Kernel
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-21481] Missing Authorization Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (MigrationService)
- 9.1 [CVE-2022-22544] Missing segregation of duties in SAP Solution Manager Diagnostics Root Cause Analysis Tools