A note with CVSS 4.6 for component SV-FRN-APP-SDD was released by SAP on 13.04.2021. The correction/advisory 3030948 was described with "[CVE-2021-27609] Missing Authorization check in SAP Focused RUN" and affects the system type SAP Solution Manager & SAP Focused Run .
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process .
The vulnerability addressed is missing authorization check within SAP Solution Manager & SAP Focused Run .
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationThis note has been re-released with updated 'validity' section. SAP Focused RUN, does not perform necessary authorization checks for an authenticated user, which allows a user to call the oData service and manipulate the activation for the SAP EarlyWatch Alert service data collection and sending to SAP without the intended authorization.
The missing authorization check is added when the activation or deactivation happens. The user will be checked for authorization to edit the EWA status as well as authorization to display that in LMDB. The user is able to switch from deactivated to activated or the other way round.
The advisory is valid for
- FRUN 200
- FRUN 300
- 10.0 [CVE-2021-37535] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java (JMS Connector Service)
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-21481] Missing Authorization Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (MigrationService)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-26837] Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring)