SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2818965
was released on
13.04.2021 and deals with
"Clickjacking vulnerability in Runtime Workbench of SAP Process Integration" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
medium potential for exploitation
in component BC-XI-IS-WKB.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationThe Runtime Workbench of SAP Process Integration does not restrict or incorrectly restricts frame objects or UI layers that belong to another application or domain, leading to a clickjacking vulnerability.
A whitelist check for sites that are allowed to embed the application in their frames is now offered via a new Clickjacking Framing Protection framework. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Clickjacking protection engine on IDS/IPS/firewall/reverse proxy systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 4.6 score.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- MESSAGING 7.10-7.11 2
- MESSAGING 7.20 2
- MESSAGING 7.30 2
- MESSAGING 7.31 3
- MESSAGING 7.40 3
- MESSAGING 7.50 3
- SAP_XITOOL 7.10-7.11 4
- SAP_XITOOL 7.30 4
- SAP_XITOOL 7.31 5
- SAP_XITOOL 7.40 5
- SAP_XITOOL 7.50 5
- 5.4 [CVE-2021-21444] Clickjacking vulnerability in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform (CMC and BI Launchpad)
- 5.4 Clickjacking vulnerability in Cloud Integration Content of SAP Process Integration
- 5.4 Clickjacking vulnerability in SAP Process Integration (Integration Builder Framework)
- 4.3 Whitelist service for Clickjacking Framing Protection in AS ABAP
- 0.0 Clickjacking vulnerability in Adapter Runtime of SAP Process Integration