On 09.02.2021 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 2818963 addresses "Clickjacking vulnerability in Adapter Runtime of SAP Process Integration" to prevent clickjacking with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Risk specificationThe Adapter Runtime of SAP Process Integration does not restrict or incorrectly restricts frame object or UI layers that belong to another application or domain. The successful usage of the clickjacking vulnerability leads to unwanted modification of the user data.
A whitelist-based framework is provided for Netweaver technologies to prevent clickjacking attempts.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- MESSAGING 7.10-7.11 2
- MESSAGING 7.20 2
- MESSAGING 7.30 2
- MESSAGING 7.31 2
- MESSAGING 7.40 2
- MESSAGING 7.50 2
- SAP_XIAF 7.10-7.11 2
- SAP_XIAF 7.30 2
- SAP_XIAF 7.31 3
- SAP_XIAF 7.40 3
- SAP_XIAF 7.50 3
- 5.4 [CVE-2021-21444] Clickjacking vulnerability in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform (CMC and BI Launchpad)
- 5.4 Clickjacking vulnerability in Cloud Integration Content of SAP Process Integration
- 5.4 Clickjacking vulnerability in SAP Process Integration (Integration Builder Framework)
- 4.6 Clickjacking vulnerability in Runtime Workbench of SAP Process Integration
- 4.3 Whitelist service for Clickjacking Framing Protection in AS ABAP