On 11.04.2023 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 3312733 addresses "[CVE-2023-26458] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP Landscape Management" to prevent information disclosure with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationSAP Landscape Management allows an authenticated user to obtain information to access connected systems in a privileged context.
The application no longer exposes this type of sensitive information to the user. Circumstances exist that prevent the timely installation of a patch provided by the manufacturer. In such cases, you may consider applying the suggested workaround as a temporary or compensating mitigation: "Remove the user credentials from SAP Solution Manager systems configured in SAP Landscape Management, Enterprise Edition, for Diagnostics Agent connection through Java SCS Message Server. These credentials can be optional or must be left blank depending on the SAP Solution Manager version. For more information, see note 2385361.".
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- VCM 3.00 5
- 9.8 [CVE-2023-28765] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Promotion Management )
- 9.1 [CVE-2023-28762] Information Disclosure in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central Management Console)
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce