On 22.12.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Cloud Foundry.
SAP Note 3001373 addresses "Information Disclosure in Central Order" to prevent information disclosure with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as project, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationYour Central Order binding credentials may have been accessed by unauthorized SAP employees.
Delete your service instance and recreate it. New binding credentials will automatically be created if you bind your service to your application again. If you created additional service keys for the service instance, recreate the service keys to generate new credentials. For information about creating a service instance and service keys, see Initial Setup - SAP Help Portal https://help.sap.com/viewer/d91676a7fa624c31b7b1c526d7787e2f/Beta/en-US/227cf2f493d74fd6a996a88f29c82bee.html
The advisory is valid for
- nan 4
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager
- 7.5 [CVE-2020-6237] Information Disclosure in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform (dswsbobje Web Application)