SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3275458
was released on
11.04.2023 and deals with
"[CVE-2023-27499] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP GUI for HTML" within Kernel.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component BC-FES-WGU.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP GUI for HTML within Fiori Launchpad does not sufficiently encode user-controlled inputs, resulting in a Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability that would allow an unauthenticated attacker to steal session credentials.
URL parameters are now correctly encoded to prevent a successful XSS attack. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 6.1 score.
The advisory is valid for
- KERNEL 7.22 16
- KERNEL 7.53 23
- KERNEL 7.54 3
- KERNEL 7.77 22
- KERNEL 7.81 21
- KERNEL 7.85 15
- KERNEL 7.89 5
- KERNEL 7.91 2
- KRNL64NUC 7.22 21
- KRNL64NUC 7.22EXT 21
- KRNL64UC 7.22 21
- KRNL64UC 7.22EXT 21
- KRNL64UC 7.53 23
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.0 [CVE-2022-41266] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-35297] Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now