A note with CVSS 8.3 for component EP-PIN-NAV was released by SAP on 10.08.2021. The correction/advisory 3072920 was described with "[CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal" and affects the system type Java.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is cross-site scripting (xss) within Java.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal does not sufficiently encode URL parameters making it possible for an unauthenticated attacker to craft malicious links and send them to a victim.
The respective input/output encoding has been added to prevent a successful XSS attack.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- EP-APPS-EXT 7.30
- EP-APPS-EXT 7.31
- EP-APPS-EXT 7.40
- EP-APPS-EXT 7.50
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.0 [CVE-2022-41266] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-35297] Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27600 ] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules)