On 10.01.2023 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within BI/BO platform.
SAP Note 3251447 addresses "[CVE-2023-0015] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (Web Intelligence)" to prevent cross-site scripting (xss) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationIn SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Web Intelligence user interface, some calls return JSON with the wrong content type in the header, resulting in a Cross-site scripting vulnerability.
The content-type is now returned with the correct value.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.0 [CVE-2022-41266] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-35297] Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now