On 11.10.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within BI/BO platform.
SAP Note 3239293 addresses "[CVE-2022-39015] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform(AdminTools/ Query Builder)" to prevent information disclosure with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationBusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform's BOE AdminTools/ BOE SDK allows an authenticated attacker to access information.
BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform has been updated so that the default view rights for the normal user have been removed, preventing the information disclosure vulnerability.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.9 [CVE-2023-40622] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Promotion Management)
- 9.8 [CVE-2023-28765] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Promotion Management )
- 9.1 [CVE-2023-28762] Information Disclosure in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central Management Console)
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order