SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3217303
was released on
13.09.2022 and deals with
"[CVE-2022-39014] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (CMC)" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
high potential for exploitation
in component BI-BIP-SRV.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationThis note has been updated with the information that the fix provided in this security note is incomplete. Under certain conditions Central Management Console (CMC) allows an attacker to access certain unencrypted sensitive parameters which would otherwise be restricted.
The application has been updated to no longer display information that should be restricted.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.9 [CVE-2023-40622] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Promotion Management)
- 9.8 [CVE-2023-28765] Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Promotion Management )
- 9.1 [CVE-2023-28762] Information Disclosure in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central Management Console)
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order