A note with CVSS 5.3 for component BC-IAM-SSO-OTP was released by SAP on 09.08.2022. The correction/advisory 3216653 was described with "[CVE-2022-35290] Information Disclosure in SAP Authenticator for Android" and affects the system type SAP Authenticator for Android.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Authenticator for Android.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationSAP Authenticator for Android allows an unauthenticated attacker to access information that would otherwise be restricted.
SAP Authenticator for Android has been updated, and the issue is fixed.
The advisory is valid for
- nan 12
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2022-35228] Information disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central management console)
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management