A note with CVSS 7.3 for component BC-VCM-LVM was released by SAP on 26.07.2022. The correction/advisory 3213141 was described with "Information Disclosure in SAP Landscape Management" and affects the system type SAP Landscape Management (LaMa).
A workaround exists, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Landscape Management (LaMa).
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationSAP Landscape Manager allows an authenticated user to read credentials from the Adaptive Extension logs that should not have been written, allowing an attacker to escalate his privileges to other systems.
SAP Landscape Manager will no longer log the credentials into the Adaptive Extension Log Although an alternative solution exists, it is advisable to apply the correction! This is the workaround, which was suggested by the SAP security experts: "Remove the adaptive Extension logs after the "Change Password" or "HANA Change SYSTEMDB password" step is executed on an SAP HANA system via a provisioning process or a custom process".
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2022-35228] Information disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central management console)
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management