SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3208880
was released on
12.07.2022 and deals with
"[CVE-2022-35225] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component EP-PIN-PRT.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal does not sufficiently encode URL parameters allowing an unauthenticated attacker to view or modify information resulting in a Cross-Site Scripting attack.
The URL parameters are now properly encoded to prevent a successful XSS attack. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 6.1 score.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- EP-BASIS 7.10-7.11 4
- EP-BASIS 7.20 2
- EP-BASIS 7.30 4
- EP-BASIS 7.31 4
- EP-BASIS 7.40 4
- EP-BASIS 7.50 5
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-35297] Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27615] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution