SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3202523
was released on
11.10.2022 and deals with
"Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce" within SAP Commerce.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component CEC-COM-CPS.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationThis note has been re-released with updated Patch Release versions in the Solution section. SAP Commerce does not sufficiently encode URL parameter allowing an unauthenticated attacker to view or modify information resulting in an Cross-Site Scripting attack.
The affected application has been enhanced to properly validate untrusted input. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 6.1 score.
- 8.7 [CVE-2023-42472] Insufficient File type validation in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Intelligence HTML interface)
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.2 [CVE-2023-33991] Stored Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability in SAP UI5 (Variant Management)
- 8.0 [CVE-2022-41266] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce