On 11.10.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within BI/BO platform.
SAP Note 3167342 addresses "[CVE-2022-35226] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Data Services Management Console" to prevent cross-site scripting (xss) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Data Services Management does not sufficiently encode URL parameters allowing an unauthenticated attacker to view or modify information resulting in a Cross-Site Scripting attack.
The URL parameters are now properly encoded to prevent a successful XSS attack. Circumstances exist that prevent the timely installation of a patch provided by the manufacturer. In such cases, you may consider applying the suggested workaround as a temporary or compensating mitigation: "Note that this workaround is a temporary fix and is not a permanent solution. SAP strongly recommends that you apply the corrections outlined in the security note, which can be done in lieu of the workaround or after the workaround is implemented.".
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- SBOP DS JOB SERVER 4.2
- SBOP DS JOB SERVER 4.3
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-35297] Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27615] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution