On 14.09.2021 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP GUI / Frontend.
SAP Note 3060621 addresses "[CVE-2021-38150] Information disclosure in SAP Business Client" to prevent information disclosure with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationWith access to a victim's local memory or the local memory dump, an attacker is able to read high sensitive data. This would allow the attacker to compromise the corresponding backend for which the credentials are valid.
Providing passwords in SAP Business Client startup URLs (sap-nwbc://) is not possible anymore by default.
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager