SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3055347
was released on
12.10.2021 and deals with
"Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAPUI5" within SAP UI5.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component CA-UI5-COR.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAPUI5 does not sufficiently encode user-controlled inputs, resulting in Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability which would allow an unauthenticated attacker to steal session credentials.
SAP UI5 versions in SAP HANA platform components have been updated preventing a successful XSS attack. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 6.1 score.
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27600 ] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules)
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27615] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution