A note with CVSS 6.5 for component CEC-COM-CPS was released by SAP on 11.05.2021. The correction/advisory 3039818 was described with "[CVE-2021-27619] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce (Backoffice search)" and affects the system type SAP Commerce Cloud.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Commerce Cloud.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationSAP Commerce Cloud's search functionality allows an authenticated attacker to search in attributes that should not be displayed to the current user resulting in information disclosure.
New permission checks were added to the search to guarantee that non-readable items and attributes do not show up in search results at all.
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager