On 08.06.2021 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 3030961 addresses "[CVE-2021-27615] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution" to prevent cross-site scripting (xss) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Manufacturing Execution does not contain some HTTP security headers response, which allows an authenticated user to exploit this weakness resulting in Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
After implementing the correction the missing security headers are added to all SAP ME responses.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27600 ] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules)
- 6.4 Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability in BSP application CRM_CM