SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3024414
was released on
13.04.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-27600 ] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component MFG-ME-API.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules) does not sufficiently encode user inputs, which allows an authenticated user to embed malicious code into HTTP parameter resulting in Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
The URL parameter is now properly encoded and affects all SAP ME activities where the System Rules tab is used.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27615] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution
- 6.4 Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability in BSP application CRM_CM