A note with CVSS 5.3 for component BC-FES-GUI was released by SAP on 12.01.2021. The correction/advisory 2992269 was described with "[CVE-2021-21448] Information Disclosure in SAP GUI for Windows" and affects the system type SAP GUI / Frontend.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP GUI / Frontend.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationUnder certain conditions SAP GUI for Windows allows an attacker to access information which would otherwise be restricted.
SAP GUI for Windows now removes logon credentials correctly from used memory.
The advisory is valid for
- BC-FES-GUI 7.60
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager