SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2969457
was released on
13.10.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6366] Missing XML Validation in SAP NetWeaver (Compare Systems)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
external entity tunneling (xxe)
high potential for exploitation
in component BC-JAS-ADM-MON.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver (Compare Systems) does not sufficiently validate uploaded XML documents.
The XML parser is now configured securely so that it does not allow external entities as part of an incoming XML document.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- LMNWABASICMBEAN 7.20
- LMNWABASICMBEAN 7.30
- LMNWABASICMBEAN 7.31
- LMNWABASICMBEAN 7.40
- LMNWABASICMBEAN 7.50
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-26831] Missing XML Validation in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Crystal Report)
- 9.3 [CVE-2020-6238] Missing XML Validation vulnerability in SAP Commerce
- 7.7 [CVE-2020-6285] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver (XMLToolkit for Java)
- 7.1 [CVE-2019-0396] Missing XML Validation vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Intelligence HTML interface)
- 6.5 Update 1 to Security Note 2736825 - [CVE-2019-0271] Denial of Service via XML External Entity (XXE) vulnerability in ABAP Server