On 08.09.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 2953112 addresses "[CVE-2020-6326] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in SAP NetWeaver AS Java" to prevent Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver Knowledge Management UI does not sufficiently encode user controlled inputs, resulting in an stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
The URL parameters are now properly encoded to prevent a successful XSS attack.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6193]Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management ICE Service)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6205] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Business Server Pages (Smart Forms)