SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2928635
was released on
11.08.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
hot news potential for exploitation
in component EP-KM-CM.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationThis note has been re-released with updated 'Correction instruction' information for the release NetWeaver 7.50 SP12. - SAP Knowledge Management allows an authenticated attacker to place scripts on the server that will be executed in the browser session, performing a stored Cross-site scripting attack.
SAP Knowledge Management no longer executes files without checking for the necessary authorizations. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 9.0 score.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6193]Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management ICE Service)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6205] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Business Server Pages (Smart Forms)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6229] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP (Business Server Pages application CRM_BSP_FRAME)