On 14.07.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 2932473 addresses "[CVE-2020-6285] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver (XMLToolkit for Java)" to prevent external entity tunneling (xxe) with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Risk specificationSAP XML Toolkit for Java allows an attacker to access arbitrary files via an External entity tunneling vulnerability which would otherwise be restricted.
SAP NetWeaver XMLToolkit for Java has been updated to correctly validate XML input
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- ENGINEAPI 7.10-7.11 2
- ENGINEAPI 7.20
- ENGINEAPI 7.30 4
- ENGINEAPI 7.31 4
- ENGINEAPI 7.40 4
- ENGINEAPI 7.50 7
- 9.8 Potential XML External Entity Injection Vulnerability in SAP Environmental Compliance
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-26831] Missing XML Validation in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Crystal Report)
- 9.3 [CVE-2020-6238] Missing XML Validation vulnerability in SAP Commerce
- 8.7 [CVE-2021-27635] Missing XML Validation in SAP NetWeaver AS for JAVA
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-6366] Missing XML Validation in SAP NetWeaver (Compare Systems)