SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2925827
was released on
11.08.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6300] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform(Central Management Console)" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
medium potential for exploitation
in component BI-BIP-CMC.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationAn authenticated attacker with administrator rights could use a stored Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability in the Recycle Bin to read or modify input information maintained in the victims browser.
The Recycle Bin application now properly encodes user provided input, preventing this type of attack. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 4.8 score.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6193]Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management ICE Service)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6205] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Business Server Pages (Smart Forms)