A note with CVSS 4.8 for component CA-FLP-ABA was released by SAP on 08.09.2020. The correction/advisory 2865229 was described with "[CVE-2020-6283] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Fiori(Launchpad)" and affects the system type SAP UI5.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
The vulnerability addressed is Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) within SAP UI5.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Fiori Launchpad does not sufficiently encode user controlled inputs, allowing the attacker to inject the meta tag into the launchpad HTML using the vulnerable parameter, resulting in reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
SAP Fiori Launchpad now properly encodes user provided input, preventing this type of attack.
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6193]Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management ICE Service)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6205] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Business Server Pages (Smart Forms)