A note with CVSS 4.3 for component XX-CSC-OM-FI was released by SAP on 14.09.2021. The correction/advisory 2308378 was described with "Missing Authorization check in Financial Accounting" and affects the system type ABAP.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process .
The vulnerability addressed is missing authorization check within ABAP.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationAn authenticated user can use functions of XX-CSC-OM_FI to which access should be restricted.
The affected functions have now been enforced to properly check access restrictions for authorization object S_TCODE.
The advisory 2308378 describes a problem within an ABAP based systems of a specific version. Affected versions are described below. ABAP software is deployed in various software components and is widely used within the SAP product portfolio.
SAP NetWeaver Application Server (formally known as SAP Web Application Server) is a building block of SAP NetWeaver. It is the foundation for most software products developed by SAP SE. SAP NetWeaver systems exist with Java and/or ABAP stacks. The advisory could be relevant for single and dual-stack ABAP installations.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 10.0 [CVE-2021-37535] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java (JMS Connector Service)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-21481] Missing Authorization Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (MigrationService)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-40501] Missing Authorization check in ABAP Platform Kernel