On 13.08.2013 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 1753378 addresses "Directory traversal in Web Container" to prevent directory traversal (read) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Risk specificationApplication Server Java Web Container allows unauthenticated attackers can potentially read arbitrary files on the remote server, possibly disclosing confidential information.
This note describes how to properly configure the property 'DirectoryStructureProtection' for Java Versions specified in the Note in order to prevent a directory traversal vulnerability in the web container.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- SAP-JEE 6.40
- SAP-JEECOR 6.40
- SAP-JEECOR 7.00 2
- SAP-JEECOR 7.01-7.02 2
- SERVERCORE 7.10 11
- SERVERCORE 7.11 11
- SERVERCORE 7.20 11
- SERVERCORE 7.30 11
- SERVERCORE 7.31 11
- 7.7 [CVE-2021-44232] Directory Traversal vulnerability in SAF-T Framework
- 6.3 Directory traversal in BC-MID-ICF
- 4.0 [CVE-2021-21475] Directory Traversal vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management 7.1
- 2.7 [CVE-2022-27657] Directory Traversal vulnerability in SAP Focused Run (Simple Diagnostics Agent 1.0)