A note with CVSS 4.9 for component CEC-PRO-GIY was released by SAP on 11.10.2022. The correction/advisory 3248970 was described with "[CVE-2022-41209] Information Disclosure Vulnerability in SAP Customer Data Cloud (Gigya)" and affects the system type SAP Customer Data Cloud.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
The vulnerability addressed is insufficient security function within SAP Customer Data Cloud.
Risk specificationGigya mobile app (android) uses an encryption method that lacks proper diffusion and does not hide the patterns well. This can lead to information disclosure. In certain scenarios, applications might also be susceptible to replay attacks.
SAP Customer Data Cloud now applies proper diffusion during encryption
The advisory is valid for
- 6.7 [CVE-2022-35295] Privilege Escalation Vulnerability in SAPOSCOL on Unix
- 6.5 Information Disclosure vulnerability in SAP Business Client
- 6.3 [CVE-2021-21472] Server password not set during installation of SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management 7.1
- 5.4 [CVE-2020-6178] Insufficient session expiration in SAP Enable Now Manager
- 4.9 [CVE-2022-41210] Information Disclosure Vulnerability in SAP Customer Data Cloud (Gigya)