SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3072955
was released on
10.08.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-33690] Server Side Request Forgery vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Component Build Service)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site request forgery (xsrf)
hot news potential for exploitation
in component BC-CTS-CBS-SRV.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationThe SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure Component Build Service allows an attacker, who has access to the server, to perform proxy attacks on the server by sending crafted queries. Due to this, the attacker could completely compromise sensitive data residing on the server, and impact its availability.
The exposed servlet has been removed from productive code.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- DI_CBS 7.11
- DI_CBS 7.20
- DI_CBS 7.30
- DI_CBS 7.31
- DI_CBS 7.40
- DI_CBS 7.50
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-6275] Server Side Request Forgery vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP
- 5.5 Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in Cash Management
- 5.4 Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in S/4HANA Finance for advanced payment management
- 5.3 [CVE-2020-6308] Server-Side Request Forgery vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Services)
- 5.0 This note has been re-released without changes. - Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in SAP Web Dynpro ABAP