A note with CVSS 6.7 for component BC-SYB-ASE was released by SAP on 10.12.2019. The correction/advisory 2845780 was described with "[CVE-2019-0402] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise" and affects the system type SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) .
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) .
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationUnder certain conditions SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) can expose sensitive data that allows an authenticated attacker to access, modify or make unavailable information whose access would otherwise be restricted.
The application no longer shows the sensitive information to the end-user.
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2022-35228] Information disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central management console)
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management