On 13.12.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 3262544 addresses "[CVE-2022-41262] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS for Java (Http Provider Service)" to prevent Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver AS Java HTTP Provider Service allows unauthenticated attacker to inject script into the web request header due to insufficient input validation.
The Accept-Language header is properly validated to prevent XSS attack. Circumstances exist that prevent the timely installation of a patch provided by the manufacturer. In such cases, you may consider applying the suggested workaround as a temporary or compensating mitigation: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ".
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 8.1 [CVE-2022-26101] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Fiori launchpad
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-41258] Multiple Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in SAP Financial Consolidation
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now