SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3249648
was released on
13.12.2022 and deals with
"[CVE-2022-41263] Missing authentication check vulnerability in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform (Web intelligence)" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authentication check
medium potential for exploitation
in component BI-RA-WBI.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationDue to missing authentication check, SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform allows an authenticated non-administrator attacker to modify the data source information for a document which is otherwise restricted.
Edit Query document right is now check for all actions on Web Intelligence that could access the query.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 9.8 [CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)
- 9.4 [CVE-2023-0017] Improper access control in SAP NetWeaver AS for Java
- 9.0 [CVE-2021-27610] Improper Authentication in SAP NetWeaver ABAP Server and ABAP Platform