On 13.12.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP Commerce.
SAP Note 3248255 addresses "[CVE-2022-41266] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce" to prevent cross-site scripting (xss) with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Commerce Webservices 2.0 Swagger UI allows malicious inputs from untrusted sources.
The effected library has been updated to resolve this issues. Circumstances exist that prevent the timely installation of a patch provided by the manufacturer. In such cases, you may consider applying the suggested workaround as a temporary or compensating mitigation: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. Note that this workaround is a temporary fix and is not a permanent solution. SAP strongly recommends you apply the corrections outlined in the security note, which can be done in lieu of the workaround or after the workaround is implemented. If customers cannot apply the patch, following workaround is available: Customers can remove the functionality by: Removing any use of swagger-ui in SAP Commerce, OR Blocking access to swagger consoles, e.g. via firewall rules on the host, WAF or alike. This workaround will remove the ability to test and use SAP Commerce APIs via Swagger consoles. ".
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33703] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-33702] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- 6.9 [CVE-2021-33691] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Notification Service)
- 6.5 [CVE-2022-35297] Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27615] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution