On 09.08.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within BI/BO platform.
SAP Note 3210823 addresses "[CVE-2022-32245] Information disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Open Document)" to prevent information disclosure with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationSAP BusinessObjects Open Document allows an unauthenticated attacker to retrieve sensitive information in plain text over the network.
SAP BusinessObjects Open Document has been updated and is no longer sending the password in the response.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2022-35228] Information disclosure vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Central management console)
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management