SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3203079
was released on
12.07.2022 and deals with
"[CVE-2022-32246] SQL Injection vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Visual Difference Application)" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
medium potential for exploitation
in component BI-BIP-VD.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationSAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Visual Difference Application allows an authenticated attacker to retrieve data from the database by modifying database commands send to the database.
The code has been updated and now screens the user input for proper data submission and removes dangerous SQL statements.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.9 [CVE-2023-0016] SQL Injection vulnerability in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation MS
- 9.9 [CVE-2021-38176] SQL Injection vulnerability in SAP NZDT Mapping Table Framework
- 9.8 [CVE-2023-37483] Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP PowerDesigner
- 9.1 [CVE-2021-33701] SQL Injection vulnerability in SAP NZDT Row Count Reconciliation
- 8.8 [CVE-2021-42064] SQL Injection vulnerability in SAP Commerce