SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3191812
was released on
14.06.2022 and deals with
"Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Marketing Campaigns App" within UI5.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
low potential for exploitation
in component CEC-MKT-CPG.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
Risk specificationCampaigns app does not sufficiently encode user-controlled inputs, resulting in Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
SAP Marketing Campaigns App now ensures proper content encoding to prevent XSS attacks. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 3.7 score.
The advisory is valid for
- 8.3 [CVE-2022-27656] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in administration UI of SAP Webdispatcher and SAP Netweaver AS for ABAP and Java (ICM)
- 6.1 [CVE-2022-29618] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (Design Time Repository)
- 5.4 [CVE-2022-29610] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP
- 4.7 [CVE-2022-22534] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver
- 3.7 Unsafe use of target blank in SAP Marketing Campaigns