On 28.03.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP Innovation Management.
SAP Note 3165856 addresses "[CVE-2022-27658] Missing authorization check in SAP Innovation Management" to prevent missing authorization check with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationSAP Innovation management allows an authenticated attacker to escalate privileges and access content that is otherwise restricted. On successful exploitation, an authenticated attacker can view the user's data, compromising the confidentiality of the application.
SAP Innovation management now properly checks for the necessary authorizations
The advisory is valid for
- HCO_INO 2
- 10.0 [CVE-2021-37535] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java (JMS Connector Service)
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-21481] Missing Authorization Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (MigrationService)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-40501] Missing Authorization check in ABAP Platform Kernel