On 12.04.2022 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 3152442 addresses "[CVE-2022-27669] Missing Authentication check in XML Data Archiving Service" to prevent missing authentication check with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Risk specificationAn unauthenticated user can use functions of XML Data Archiving Service of SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java, to which access should be restricted. This may result in an escalation of privileges.
The old XML Data Archiving Service administrative pages are removed permanently from SAP NetWeaver 7.50 distribution
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 9.8 [CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)
- 9.0 [CVE-2021-27610] Improper Authentication in SAP NetWeaver ABAP Server and ABAP Platform
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6235] Missing authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent )