A note with CVSS 6.7 for component SBO-CRO-SEC was released by SAP on 12.10.2021. The correction/advisory 3074819 was described with "[CVE-2021-38179] Information Disclosure in SAP Business One" and affects the system type SAP Business One.
A workaround exists, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Business One.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationSAP Business One Integration allows highly authenticated attackers to use the debug function of the Admin UI since it is enabled by default. Captured packet contents by the admin user may include user credentials.
SAP Business One has been updated so that it no longer logs by default. Although an alternative solution exists, it is advisable to apply the correction! This is the workaround, which was suggested by the SAP security experts: "Disable the debug functionality.".
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager