A note with CVSS 5.3 for component SBO-CRO-SEC was released by SAP on 14.09.2021. The correction/advisory 3070138 was described with "[CVE-2021-33686] Information Disclosure in SAP Business One" and affects the system type SAP Business One.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within SAP Business One.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationUnder certain conditions SAP Business One allows an unauthorized attacker to get access to encrypted information. The attacker does not have control over kind or degree.
The authorization control is implemented, customers need to implement or upgrade to SAP Business One 10.0 PL2108
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager